In the mood for fried chicken but want a better-for-you option? Our seaweed-stuffed version is made with chicken tenders for a delectable, melt-in-your mouth dish that hits all the right notes at once. Crispy on the outside, a little gooey on the inside, and umami for a flavor twist in every bite.
- Salt and pepper both sides of chicken tenders. Split each tender to create a pocket.
- Combine cheese and sushi nori pieces. Stuff cheese mixture into each chicken pocket, and pinch closed.
- Crack egg in small bowl and scramble with fork.
- Working with one tender at a time, sprinkle both sides of chicken with flour. Dip tender in egg, then dip in panko, ensuring tender is fully coated. Repeat for all tenders.
- Deep fry tenders until golden brown.
- To serve, squeeze lemon slices over tenders. Dip in a good quality salt while eating to bring out savory notes!