December is all about celebration: epic feasts, festive gatherings, fun traditions – and of course, giving and receiving gifts. Always looking for fresh, modern gifts to tickle the fancy of family and friends, this year we opted to go a more sustainable route, with consumable presents that foodies will love. Here’s a little inspiration to help you navigate the season.
Christmas abounds with candy and confections of all kinds. gimme’s Roasted Seaweed Snacks are small enough to tuck into a stocking, balancing out the sweet stuff with some healthy snacks – perfect for both adults and kids.
A few minutes in the kitchen with our gimme Seaweed Snacks or gimme Sushi Nori is all it takes to create tasty holiday-worthy treats. Easy to make, these homemade goodies add a personal, thoughtful touch to your gifts.
- Seaweed Cookies* - Versatile cookies can go big or small: wrap up a couple as a single-serving sweet, box up a dozen for an open house, or leave a few out for Santa!
- Seaweed Popcorn* - A couple scoops in a cute holiday bag make a no-fuss, instant stocking stuffer
- Teriyaki Roasted Mixed Nuts* - Elevate the traditional nut bowl with this easy and quick recipe. Make a double batch - it’ll go fast!
- Seaweed Granola* - Hearty enough for breakfast, sweet enough for dessert, this granola will please just about any foodie.
- DIY Sushi Making Kit - Seaweed lovers are often sushi lovers. If you know someone who is just getting into making sushi at home, it’s easy to put together a sushi-making DIY kit. Assemble everything, and tuck in a set of cooking instructions or your favorite sushi recipes. Be sure to include:
- gimme Sushi Nori, naturally!
- Bamboo sushi rolling mat
- Rice vinegar
- Sushi rice (uncooked, of course!)
- Sesame seeds
- Wasabi powder
- Soy or tamari sauce
*TIP: Package up your kitchen creations in earth-friendly reusable Mason or Ball jars, wrap with a big bow and you’re done!