We love seaweed! It not only tastes great, it's also loaded with nutritional value. In fact, seaweed has the highest density of vitamins and minerals of any vegetable on the planet. Yep. Seaweed is a vegetable. Some people even call it sea lettuce. Kids and adults in Asian cultures have been eating their sea vegetables for centuries, enjoying its taste, texture, and many health benefits.
- Q: What's so great about seaweed?
- A: Iodine, iron, fiber, beta carotene, calcium, sustainability, umami. Treat your tastebuds and get ready to say. "Ooo, Mommy! gimMe more!"
- Q: What vegetable is harvested in the winter (unlike most vegetables) when it's got the most flavor?
- A: Seaweed! Yep. Seaweed is a vegetable.
- Q: Is it impolite to say gimMe, gimMe, gimMe?
- A: Nope. Not when you're talking seaweed. "gim" in Korean means "seaweed." gimMe means "MORE seaweed!"
- Q: What kind of farmers never plant a single seed in the soil or ever have to water their crops?
- A: Seaweed farmers!
- Q: What three things does seaweed need to grow up healthy and delicious?
- A: Seawater under certain temperatures and enough sunlight to drive photosynthesis (Look it up, it's really cool!)
- Q: What are the five basic tastes that your tongue can sense?
- A: Sweet, bitter, sour, salty, and umami. (Umami is the flavor of-you guessed it-seaweed!)
What is "UMAMI?"
A flavor so big it needs its own taste category. The word umami is originally Japanese, meaning deliciousness. New it means deliciousness for everyone! To us umami tastes savory and bold, and perfectly describes our flavorful roasted seaweed.
- Q: If seaweed snacks are made from red algae (ours are!), then why do they look so green?
- A: Red algae looks red in the ocean because of its phycobiliproteins which attract and capture light energy used in photosynthesis. When red algae is harvested and dried, it loses its red color but keeps all its green nutrients.
- Q: What's the coolest, wildest, most incredibly delicious way to eat crispy yummy roasted seaweed?
- A: Sprinkled over ice cream!
- Q: What do green sea turtles eat?
- A: Primarily algae, seagrass, and, of course, seaweed! Did you know that a healthy sea turtle can live to be over 100 years old? That's why turtles symbolize longevity in many cultures.
- Q: What exactly is seaweed?
- A: Seaweed is actually algae. In more appetizing words, it's a nutritious vegetable that grows in the sea. The specific variety of seaweed that we use to make our gimMe roasted seaweed in known as red seaweed or Nori.
- Q: Is seaweed healthy to eat?
- A: Yes! Seaweed offers the broadest range of minerals of any food on the planet, containing 10-20 times the mineral concentration of land plants, plus it's high in protein and fiber. That's why a serving can be only 25-100 calories and packed with flavor and nutrients. Seaweed is an excellent source of iodine and vitamin K and a very good source of folate, magnesium, iron, and calcium. Seaweed also contains a measurable amount of vitamins E, which help the absorption of all the other good stuff.
The Perfect Snack
We're pretty sure roasted seaweed is the perfect snack. It's easy and fun to eat. It has all the things you want in a yummy healthy snack--and none of the things you don't . It's naturally low-calorie, low-sodium, low-sugar, gluten free, vegetarian, high-fiber, and non-GMO. Kids love it for the taste. Moms love it for the nutrition. We love it for both.
Not to brag, but our seaweed is the best on the planet. We cultivate it in the chilly waters of Korea's Southwest sea famous for producing the world's finest seaweed. We harvest it with care, roast it to perfection so it's crispy and light with every bite, then season it with flavors created by Annie Chun just for you. gimMe snack perfection.
- Q: What gives seaweed it's unique umami flavor?
- A: Nature. Seaweed has a natural salty-sweet flavor that makes it taste so unique-and so good.
- Q: Is gimMe seaweed organic?
- A: gimMe roasted seaweed snacks are certified organic by QAI, a USDA-accredited certifying agency.
- Q: Is gimMe seaweed non GMO?
- A: gimMe roasted seaweed snacks are verified Non-GMO by NON GMO Project.
- Q: Why is organic seaweed healthier?
- A: Certified organic means that no chemicals or pesticides were used in growing, harvesting, or processing our seaweed. We take great care to grow our seaweed in a protected region off the coast of South Korea. The protected nature of the water where we grow our seaweed allows gimMe seaweed snacks to be USDA certified organic.
- Q: Is your seaweed gluten free?
- A: Yes! We are certified by the GFCO.
- Q: How much iodine is in each serving?
- A: Our roasted seaweed snacks have about 50 micro grams per serving. That's about 31% of daily value. The daily value of Iodine is 160 mcg.
- Q: What are the benefits of iodine?
- A: Iodine controls the functioning of thyroid glands in human body, which in turn has a significant influence on the metabolic process in the body. It helps in the optimal utilization of calories, thereby preventing its storage as excess fat.
- Q: What is the shelf-life of your seaweed?
- A: One year and it's printed on each package.
- Q: Where is your seaweed grown?
- A: We cultivate our seaweed in a protected farming areas off the coast of South Korea. This areas are historically known for producing the highest quality seaweed in the world.
- Q: How are your seaweed snacks processed?
- A: Our seaweed is processed very simply. After seaweed is harvested, we dry it, roast it with oils and seasonings and-that's it!
- Q: Is it allergen free?
- A: No, some products may contain soy, sesame, and/or corn starch. Please check the ingredient list of the products.
- Q: Do we offer coupons?
- A: No, please like us on Facebook to learn about promotions on our products.
- Q: Are the wrappers or inside trays recyclable?
- A: The wrapper is not recyclable but the plastic tray is recyclable.
- Q: Why do a lot of seaweed taste fishy and ours doesn't?
- A: The most important is the quality of the seaweed and then the balance of seasoning.
- Q: Do any of your products contain MSG?
- A: Not at all.
- Q: What specific type of seaweed are your products made from?
- A: The scientific name is "Porphyra Yezonensis," a kind of red seaweed. The common name is Nori.
- Q: How is your product certified organic if it is grown in waters with known pollutants?
- A: Certified organic means that no chemicals or pesticides were used in growing, harvesting, or processing our seaweed. We take great care to grow our seaweed in a protected region off the coast of South Korea. The protected nature of the water where we grow our seaweed allows gimMe seaweed snacks to be USDA verified organic.
- Q: Are your products safe for dogs to eat?
- A: Yes, some dogs love to eat seaweed.
- Q: Can I ship to/purchase your products in Australia?
- A: Our distributor Unique is expanding distribution in Australia every day. Please contact Bhima Parkes for more information: email@example.com