Tofu Bites with Cranberry
A flavorful and festive appetizer to add to your Thanksgiving menu.
- Slice tofu in half horizontally and place between two towels. Top with a cutting board and something heavy (like a cast iron skillet) and press for 30 minutes to drain excess liquid so it can soak up your marinade.
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Cut tofu into bite sized cubes and season with salt, garlic, onion, and pepper.
- Toss seasoned tofu with cornstarch until evenly coated then spread in an even layer on prepared baking sheet, making sure tofu pieces don’t touch.
- Bake 20-30 minutes, flipping halfway through until tofu is deep golden. (If you prefer yours more golden, option to additionally pan fry over medium high heat in 2 tablespoons oil, flipping every minute until desired color is reached.)
- Serve a few pieces of tofu on each gimme Seaweed and enjoy as a bite topped with cranberry sauce and parsley or green onion!