Smoked Salmon Rolls
Create a new lunch favorite with a nori roll that leverages smoked salmon and cream cheese. Sushi rice can be cooked according to the package’s instructions, adding rice vinegar and a pinch of sugar if desired to replicate sushi rice found in restaurants. It can be made a few hours ahead and held at room temperature.
Equipment/Tools Needed: Parchment paper
*Make this recipe dairy-free by using vegan cream cheese
- For each roll, have a piece of parchment paper larger than 8- by 8-inch square of nori ready. (This will be the mat to help roll the sushi.) Put a sheet of nori on top.
- Spread about 2 Tbsp. cream cheese over the nori, leaving a little room at the edges. It doesn’t have to be perfect. Add 1 cup rice and use your fingers to spread the rice in an even layer over the cream cheese. If the rice sticks to your fingers, dip them in water as you work.
- At the bottom quarter of the nori sheet, add an even strip of salmon, cucumber, and green onion.
- Use the parchment paper to help start rolling up the nori, ensuring it’s securely tucked before rolling up completely by hand. Seal the top edge of the nori sheet to the roll by adding a small amount of water to the edge before rolling it up completely.
- To serve, slice the roll crosswise into even pieces and garnish with black sesame seeds. Serve with tamari/soy sauce and wasabi on the side if desired.