9 Keto-Friendly Snacks
These nine easy, flavorful keto-friendly snacks are our top favorites right now.
We love the fresh start that comes with the start of the New Years, as our bodies crave simple, wholesome foods after indulging over the holidays. These nine easy, flavorful keto-friendly snacks are our top favorites right now:
- Seaweed – Seaweed is a natural fit for keto. A 10g pack of our Roasted Seaweed Snacks provides a full serving of veggies, with only 25 calories, 0g net carbs, and 0g added sugars. Super-portable and satisfying salty, it’s our keto snack of choice.
- Nuts - Pecan, walnut, almonds, cashew, pistachios, and macadamias are all excellent choices. Plus, it’s easy to measure a single serving: about ¼ cup is what fits nicely in the palm of your hand.
- Olives - Olives are packed with hunger-stopping heathy fats, fiber, and flavor - but are low in cholesterol. Like nuts, there’s lots to choose from. Select fresh versions over brined if sodium is a concern.
- Cheese – Hard cheeses such as Parmigiano, Cheddar, Swiss, and Gruyere are all rich in protein and have less fat than soft cheeses like brie. Plus, they’re full of nutrients like calcium, phosphorus, and vitamin A.
- Avocado – Avos contain an impressive array of the stuff your body needs: vitamins C, E, K, and B6, riboflavin, niacin, magnesium, potassium, beta carotene, omega-3 fatty acids, and fiber. Plus, they taste great on just about anything!
- Dark chocolate – Select high-quality dark chocolate for the best flavor and nutrition. You’ll get fiber, iron, magnesium, copper, manganese, and a few other minerals. Dark chocolate has less sugar than milk. Go for 70% or higher to obtain the most flavanols, which help lower blood pressure.
- Eggs – Endlessly versatile, eggs are ideal for keto: 1 large egg contains 6g protein, 5g fat, and less than 1g of carbs. Scrambled, boiled, fried, or poached - they’re quick and easy to make. Breakfast for dinner, anyone?
- Yogurt + fruit – We love this one as the combinations are endless. Most low-fat yogurts contain added sugar, so look for plain high-fat versions made with whole milk. Greek yogurt is high in protein and makes for a filling snack. Pair with keto-friendly fruits like berries - raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries – that are lower in carbs and sugar than other fruits
- Celery and peanut butter – Nut butters deliver pops of flavor that curb hunger cravings. Easy portion control: 2 tablespoons is about the size of your two thumbs.
Sticking to keto - or any meal plan - can be challenging, so keeping easy snacks on hand is key. Avoid snack boredom by combining snacks to create delightful combos: avo & egg, olives & cheese, seaweed & nuts, and dark chocolate with that yogurt & fruit. Your taste buds will dance and your body will thank you!